All media inquiries should be directed to:
p 212 889 9005
srh (at) shoparc.com
Do not send job application materials to this address. They will be deleted without being reviewed.
VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) Engineer /
- Seeking entry to intermediate level of experience (0 to 2 years)
- Masters in Architecture and/or Engineering preferred;
- Understanding and/or background in Construction or Construction Management preferred;
- Create, obtain, evaluate, coordinate and distribute 3D Building Information Model data for resolving and coordinating building geometry, providing quantity take-offs and facilitate constructability review and project scheduling;
- Works as part of project teams to facilitate collaboration and communication through use of digital modeling;
- Produce drawing documentation to accompany modeling deliverables;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide BIM-related solutions, through hands-on direct work and by training others, to solve a variety of technical problems of significant scope and complexity related to use of Building Information Models during Design and Fabrication/Construction;
- Pending relationship with client, provide essential geometry resolution for design documentation, shop drawings and/or fabrication deliverables; and
- Report to the VDC Manager.
VDC positions implement use of various applications as appropriate, such as: CATIA, Revit, NavisWorks, Rhino/Grasshopper, AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite (Excel and Project), and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)